Decouple UI from connection logic

Developer
Mar 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Hi,

I like your library for connecting to CRM a lot, but currently the UI and the connection logic are very tangled together. I have decoupled it for ourselves, but we would like to see a standard decoupled release, so that we can use standard code and have the same connection library for console apps, windows services, wpf apps etc...

It wasn't hard to do, I just added some extra events in the connectionmanager and moved the winforms to a seperate project and connected them together again. Are there any plans to do so in the official release?

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Hi,

I never think about doing such update for this library but if you already did it, I'll be happy that you participate to this project to make the change on the source code...

I mean CodePlex is also a place to collaborate on community projects so if you want to be part of this project, you can!

Just let me know

Developer
Mar 2, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Sure, I fully agree with you on the collaboration part ;) I would love to help out with it if you also think it's a valuable addition to the project.

Jun 17, 2012 at 9:50 PM
JVennix wrote:

Hi,

I like your library for connecting to CRM a lot, but currently the UI and the connection logic are very tangled together. I have decoupled it for ourselves, but we would like to see a standard decoupled release, so that we can use standard code and have the same connection library for console apps, windows services, wpf apps etc...

It wasn't hard to do, I just added some extra events in the connectionmanager and moved the winforms to a seperate project and connected them together again. Are there any plans to do so in the official release?

I am working an application that do not have the UI component.  Would you mind sharing the implementation. Thanks.

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Hi both of you,

I thought I would have time to implement your request but I didn't...

Would you like to join the project and update the code by yourself?

Developer
Jul 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Sure,

I would like contribute to the project :)

Coordinator
Jul 17, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Ok, I added you to the list of contributor of the project.

If you can modify the project solution to add the "UI free" components and write some documentation on how to use it, it would be great.

Do not hesitate to ask if you don't know how to do some of these tasks.

Sep 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Ok!  I was just beginning to struggle with this to use this in a WPF app.  I'd love to have this decoupled.  This is my first WPF app, so I'd rather not have to struggle with decoupling this as well right now... :D

Has any progress been made on this?

Thanks! 

Developer
Sep 17, 2012 at 6:16 PM
CMercs wrote:

Ok!  I was just beginning to struggle with this to use this in a WPF app.  I'd love to have this decoupled.  This is my first WPF app, so I'd rather not have to struggle with decoupling this as well right now... :D

Has any progress been made on this?

Thanks! 

I actually already have written the initial code, but didn't take the time yet to merge this into the codeplex project. I was looking for a less busy time to actually move it into Codeplex, but I'll try if I can do it this week somewhere.

But do remember it will be the first version :).

Developer
Sep 17, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Some good news CMercs :)

I already incorporated the changes. Just need to know from tanguy92 if I can simply checkin the whole project, because I did change the main project ;).

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM

You can, at least, checkin the whole project but without creating a new release of the assembly, I will check it against my tools to ensure it is still working, then you will be able to create a new release!

Developer
Sep 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Sure I'll do it right away :)

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Great job JVennix!

Well, there was some remaining bugs (related to image resources for the connection statusbar) but I succeed to correct them.

I will check in it soon and provide a public release

Thanks for your help, I'll mention your name in the release

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:30 AM
Edited Sep 24, 2012 at 3:22 PM

You guys rock!  Thanks!  

I'll let you know when I have a WPF example ready that you can use.